Follow us by RSSCareers
You are innovative in your work, proactive in your advice and demonstrate enthusiasm for your assignments? At Systematix, we don’t see consulting as moving from project to project, contract to contract. More than a job, consulting is our life’s work.
Our consultants thrive on tacking challenges, solving problems and seizing business opportunities. We take great care to cultivate deep and lasting relationships built on the premise that continued success for all is the end game.Consequently, we understand the vital importance of matching clients and consultants effectively together. And having done so since 1975 says we’re pretty good at it.
Systematix (Montreal) is looking for an Information Architect.
This role is responsible for understanding, analyzing and then addressing Business requirements with effective data architectures. This includes the creation of large-scale conceptual data models and the creation of strategies and plans for metadata, data security and archiving. This role creates & maintains enterprise data model and tools. This involves defining strategic data needs for the enterprise, implementing enterprise data governance and data management program, and establishing basic data modeling principles. This role also provides guidance and basic principles to projects to help them properly manage data assets, develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database, provides expertise and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement, and presentation of data for projects and the organization and effectively communicates with business owners and technical teams.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skillset and experience:
- Valid and open Canadian work permit or Canadian residents only.
- 3 to 5+ years in information related activities
- Strong experience in one of the three following areas:
o Intermodal/Supply Chain – Logistics, trucking, multimodal or similar areas
o Marketing/Sales – Order management, opportunity management or similar areas
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree and experience in information management, computer sciences, asset management, intermodal/supply chain, or marketing/sales.
- Ability to define high level approaches for new information requirements and define conceptual and logical data models.
- Ability to balance requirements and concerns from different stakeholders (business, finance, IT, etc.) and make efficient judgement calls, providing clear rationale for decisions.
- Ability to breakdown complex concepts into digestible and actionable components and activities.
- Ability to influence and orient business and technical audiences toward common goals and approaches.
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and build collaborative cross functional relationships.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with people of varying seniority and backgrounds.
- Autonomous and self driven, at the same time knowing when to reach out and how to provide adequate visibility.
- Capacity to engage on multiple concurrent initiatives efficiently.
- Curious and interested in acquiring knowledge over multiple new business domains and information concepts.
- Ability to identify, name, define, organize and categories information component Capacity to perform with little or no prior knowledge of a project context, domain or technologies.
- Bilingualism (spoken and written) with high proficiency in English and working proficiency in French.
- Ability to identify, name, define, organize and categories information component.
- Experience with information architecture related activities (Asset).
- Experience with analytics and business intelligence solutions (Asset).
- Has worked in an agile environment (Asset).
- Familiarity with modeling tools such ERWin, Sparx Enterprise Architect (Asset).
- Familiarity with ArchiMate and UML (Asset).
- Understand, analyze and address Business requirements with effective data architectures.
- Create large-scale conceptual data models and create strategies and plans for metadata, data security and archiving.
- Analyze search logs and other website usage data for internal sites and client extranets, track research and professional literature regarding web design and usability.
- Provide training and documentation to support the administration and use of tools and applications.
- Coordinate the work of local team members for ongoing technical maintenance and development of global corporate intranet and data visualization.
If you are interested in consulting opportunities, Systematix could also offer you a permanent position. Contact us!
* * Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thanks for your interest!
Apply for this job